How Do You Get Started with Precious Metals Investing?
The internet is full of information for anyone searching to get started with precious metals investing. Unfortunately, finding accurate and helpful information is NOT always simple.
Where do you turn to get started? Our goal is to provide all of the information needed to navigate the gold and silver industry. You’ll learn how to purchase metals, and most importantly, what to look for, and what to avoid in a gold company. Let’s get started!
The two most trusted strategies for investing in precious metals…
- Take direct ownership of your gold & silver: Contact a trusted gold dealer. Purchase your metals and have them delivered directly to your personal residence.
- Buy & hold your gold & silver in a retirement account (Gold IRA): Contact a trusted gold dealer that specializes in gold & silver IRAs. A gold IRA specialist should be able to answer every question about the precious metals investing process. They should be very familiar with setting up a precious metals IRA account without issue.
We’ve written several gold & silver investing articles here on fiatflush. Many of our precious metals investing articles deal with Gold IRAs specifically. Visit often as we’re regularly adding more educational content.
Our team has personally reviewed 50+ Gold Companies and will link to our recommended dealers below.
At this time we only recommend one precious metals dealer, but will be adding more to this list as we continue to vet more companies.
Our top rated gold company for 2017 is Regal Assets, LLC.
We’re currently recommending Regal Assets based on the following criteria:
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau – This is the BBB’s highest rating. Regal Assets has 0 complaints against them within the last three years.
- AAA Rating with the Business Consumer Alliance – This is the BCA’s highest rating. Regal Assets has 0 complaints against them within the last three years & has a 5 Star average rating based on 56 client reviews.
- 5 Star TrustLink Rating – This is TrustLink’s highest rating. Regal Assets has an average 5 Star rating based on 872+ client reviews.
- Low flat fees -$100.00/Year Admin Fees, $150.00/Year Storage Fees for Gold IRAs. Zero charges for setting up new account.
- Regal Assets has been featured in Smart Money, Forbes, Market Watch, Reuters, & The Street.
- Inc. Magazine’s 500 List has ranked Regal Assets No. 20 in the United States for financial services.
Check out our most popular Gold IRA articles here:
- How to Research a Precious Metals IRA Company -So many gold dealers want your business. Learn how to vet a gold company BEFORE you give them your money.
- Gold & Silver IRA Scams to Avoid – In recent years, fly-by-night and well established gold dealers have found themselves in court for scamming customers. Learn what to avoid!
- Gold IRA Tax Rules – Take full advantage of the tax benefits that are available with a precious metals retirement account.
- Silver Bullion in Your IRA – Why we believe investors should diversify a precious metals IRA with Silver.
We suggest that you contact 3+ gold companies BEFORE making any investment decisions.
Though you may feel an urgency in setting up your gold IRA account- take your time and perform due diligence on any gold IRA company you’re considering giving your business. Taking the time now will ensure that you don’t end up paying too much in fees or get stuck working with a less-than-ideal gold dealer.
In fact, if you speak with a sales person pressuring you to open a gold IRA account ASAP, it’s probably a good sign that you’re better off contacting another gold company ASAP.
Get on the phone and speak with a few different companies and their account executives. There is no better way to get a feeling as to how they do business. If you find a few very reputable gold companies, your decision may come down to working with the account rep that best fits your personality.
Precious Metals Investing Tips
- Purchase physical gold & silver bullion -NOT numismatic coins. Bullion trades most closely to the spot price of gold and silver.
- Get all policies and fees in writing – If opening up a precious metals IRA, what are your account storage and admin fees? Watch out for “account set-up” costs and other hidden fees.
- Make sure your gold IRA company has a buyback program – If and when you’re ready to liquidate your account, you want to be able to quickly sell your metals at spot price. Your gold IRA company should be able to liquidate your account at any time.
- Take advantage of free “investor kits” – Most gold dealers will readily mail their free guides, kits, or even DVDs and books to people looking into precious metals investing. Do not hesitate to request more free information from gold dealers when available. This will give you more information about precious metals, and also more information about the companies you’re vetting.
Read our articles, find and contact a few of the more reputable companies we review and recommend. Perform your due diligence. A little bit of research now can save you headache later.
Not Ready to Get Started? Read More Gold & Silver Articles Here